Darren attended the University of Texas at Austin where he received a bachelor’s degree in government. He later received a master’s degree in public administration while attending the University of Texas at San Antonio.
Darren has spent the past twenty-three years of his career at the San Antonio Water System in various roles within the company. He began his career with SAWS as an intern in the Water Resources Department and now serves as Director, he is responsible for the oversight of San Antonio’s long-term water supply. His work at SAWS has been varied with involvement in many different aspects of the organization.
• Implementation of SAWS Water Management Plan
• Water supply and contract management
• Oversight of the recycled water program
• Non-revenue water reduction program
• SAWS role in the Edwards Aquifer Habitat Conservation Program
• Outreach with regional stakeholders
• Development of new water supplies